Saturday, October 31

Chants: Zoo Animals Theme 2



100 ANIMALS-
I went to the zoo and what did I see?
100 animals looking at me. There were,
10 tall giraffes eating from the trees.
10 silly monkeys scratching on their knees.
10 sleeping snakes lying in the sun.
10 munching elephants eating peanuts one by one.
10 leaping tigers performing in the shows.
10 pink flamingos standing on their toes.
10 grouchy bears trying to get some sleep.
10 happy hippos in the water deep.
10 roaring lions walking two by two.
10 galloping zebras all living in the zoo.

BIG GRAY ELEPHANT-
The big gray elephant slowly walks.
She doesn't make a sound.
She swings her trunk from left to right.
When she puts her feet on the ground.
Swing, swing, left and right.
She doesn't make a sound.

ELEPHANT-
Who is the animal baggy and gray
(Circle both arms).
That walks in the forest with a sway
(Sway both arms).
Who runs around on big big toes
(Point to toes).
And feeds himself with his nose
(Point to nose).
The elephant!
(Clap hands 1 time).

THE ELEPHANT-
He's ever so big and ever so fat
(hold hands high and then apart).
He has no hands he has no toes
(shake finger and head for no).
But goodness gracious
(hands on cheeks).
Such a nose!
(making an imaginary trunk).

THE ELEPHANT'S TRUNK-
The elephant has a great big trunk (Pretend an arm is the trunk).
That goes swinging swinging so (Swing trunk).
He has tiny tiny eyes that show him where to go (Point to eyes).
His huge long ears go flapping flapping up and down (Pretend hands are ears).
His great big feet go stomping stomping on the ground (Stomp with feet).

THE YELLOW GIRAFFE-
The yellow giraffe is tall as can be (Put hand up high).
His lunch is a bunch of leaves off a tree (Put arm up for tree branches).
He has a very long neck and his legs are long too (Point to neck and legs).
And he can run faster than his friends in the zoo (Run in place).

GIRAFFE-
Of all the animals in the zoo I am the tallest. That is true.
Who am I? I am the giraffe.
I am brown and white with a little red.
And I have two knobs on the top of my head.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.
My neck is long, I am very tall but I don't have very much voice at all.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.
I have one big ear on each side of my head.
High up in the air is where I am fed.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.
I walk right up to the tallest tree and I eat the leaves that are good for me.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.

THE BROWN KANGAROO-
The brown kangaroo is very funny.
She leaps and runs and hops like a bunny
(Hop around).
And on her stomach is a pocket so wide
(Put hand on stomach like a pocket).
Her baby can jump in and go for a ride
(Have other hand jump into "Pocket").

KANGAROO-
Jump jump jump (Jump).
Goes the kangaroo (Jump).
I thought only one (Hold up one finger).
But now I see two (Hold up two fingers).
Mommy and her baby with his head popping out
(Wiggle thumb between index and middle finger).
He holds on tight (Pretend to hold on tight).
As they jump all about (Jump all about).

THE KANGAROO-
It is a curious thing that you don't wish to be a kangaroo,
to hop hop hop and never stop, the whole day long and the whole night, too!
To hop across Australian plains with tails that sweep behind like trains, and small front paws, and pointed jaws, and pale neat coats to shed the rains.
If skies be blue, if skies be gray,they bound in the same graceful way, into dim space, at such a pace that where they go there's none to say!